Chiropractic care can provide patients experiencing pain or discomfort with a more holistic and non-invasive approach to health and wellness. Chiropractic treatments are a safe and effective way to reduce pain, promote healing, and invest in overall health for the entire family. Reach out to your family chiropractor for advice and a treatment plan for any member of the family, from newborns to the elderly. There are many ways to take control of your health and improve your daily life with chiropractic care.
Your family chiropractor can provide you with a high standard of care, without the invasive treatments or list of medications that can come with traditional medical care. Instead of surgery or medications, chiropractic professionals center their care for symptoms around joint and spinal adjustments. A chiropractic adjustment works to move the vertebrae of the spine gently back into proper alignment to achieve an unobstructed and free-flowing posture. When the spine, neck, and pelvis are in alignment, the body has proper nerve flow for healing, pressure is released, and pain relief is achieved.
A chiropractic adjustment will begin with a consultation with your chiropractor about the pain and issues you’ve been experiencing and an evaluation of your spinal and joint health. Most likely, you will then lie comfortably face down in a chiropractic table for your spinal manipulation and gentle adjustments.
Chiropractic & Manual Therapies
- Activator Method: This is a gentle method of effective treatment that uses a hand-held chiropractic tool to provide precise adjustment and gentle manipulation. This method is great for children, the elderly, and those who are new to chiropractic health.
- Diversified Technique: This technique is the most common active treatment for chiropractic professionals. This method uses the hands for joint manipulation and spinal manipulation.
- Thompson Technique: Patients will lie face down on a chiropractic table for gentle manipulation with this technique. With this particular method, chiropractic care professionals can best evaluate the pelvis and adjust alignment.
- Webster Technique: This method is used for expectant mothers during pregnancy. It focuses on the sacral area of the spine and cervical adjustments for patients with symptoms like acute low-back pain.
- Gonstead, Toggle, and Cranial-Sacral Techniques: Gonstead uses a few other movements that are similar to diversified technique. Gonstead also utilizes a table called a knee-chest table, and a seated cervical chair for cervical adjustments. Toggle is strictly an upper cervical adjustment technique. Your chiropractor will make sure you meet certain criteria to have this method used on you. There is an array of therapies that chiropractic care can use to treat chronic pain and alignment issues, such as Cranial-Sacral technique which helps relax and balance cerebro-spinal fluid throughout the spine.
One of the best aspects of chiropractic care is its versatility to treat a wide range of medical conditions and issues patients face. From chronic pain sufferers to accident recovery, chiropractic adjustments can have a positive impact on the health journey of so many, no matter the amount of pain.
- Disease Prevention: You don’t have to wait until you’re in pain to see your family chiropractor. Investing in your overall health and wellness while keeping your body in proper alignment can help prevent many issues from popping up in the future. Chiropractic care can also be a great complementary therapy to other health investments in your life.
- Chronic Neck Pain: One of the most common issues chiropractors treat is acute neck pain. When the spine and neck are misaligned from hours bent over a work desk or even an impact injury, many patients suffer from chronic neck pain. If left untreated, misalignment can worsen and pain can persist.
- Chronic Low-Back Pain: The top issue chiropractors help to treat is acute or chronic low-back pain or spinal pain. Alignment issues with the spine can lead to a range of problems and pain. Regular chiropractic sessions can help to keep the vertebrae in line, preventing pain and future issues.
- Sciatica: Sciatica pain occurs when the sciatic nerve in the lower spine is pinched and under pressure. This nerve can cause intense low back pain and pain that radiates down the legs. Most report sciatica issues as having major negative effects on everyday life. Chiropractic manipulations and massage therapy and chiropractic manipulations can help to alleviate the pressure on the sciatic nerve and promote healthy blood flow to the area.
- Ear Infections: Having the spine and neck in proper alignment through gentle manipulation can help promote physical function in the inner ear. When the body is able to flow unobstructed, the ear canal can drain without issue, helping to prevent ear infections without adverse effects.
- Headaches: Issues with chronic headaches can seriously affect day to day life for patients. This chronic issue can be improved through spinal and neck adjustments. Many headaches are a result of pinched nerves in the neck and back and pressure caused by misalignment.
- Accident Injuries: Beyond disease, chiropractic care can also help promote healing from injury or surgery. Keep your chiropractor in mind when recovering as they can help to maintain proper blood flow in the body, improving the body’s natural healing ability.
- Bad Posture: While many don’t think about the issues that can arise from poor posture, there are many ways it can harm. Some common side effects of bad posture include back pain, neck pain, chronic misalignment, and headaches.
How Do I Know If I Need a Chiropractic Adjustment?
Chiropractic adjustments can be both a holistic and effective treatment for pain or a routine investment in your future health and wellness. When you’re experiencing pain, discomfort, or any other health struggle, making decisions about treatment can help put your health in the right direction. Chiropractic care in patients with chronic pain in particular has been shown in health studies to have a major positive impact on a patient’s overall life experience.
How do you know if you need chiropractic therapy? If you’re in pain or discomfort of any kind, chiropractic adjustments can most likely help to treat your problem without pain meds, invasive surgery, or other staples of traditional medical care. Not only can your chiropractor help to alleviate your pain, but they can potentially help keep it away and prevent further pain down the road. Invest in your health by keeping your family chiropractor on speed dial.